Thursday, February 9, 2012

HC Farms First Baby ! Its a Girl !!!



Name Unknown yet !!!

Our first farm baby has been born.  Wednesday @ 1 in the afternoon.  I had put the girls out to graze and had hoped to get them back in before it started raining but sure enough I had to get my own little ones down for nap and the rain had started !  I went out and instead of just two goats in the Field there was three.  I did freak a little and so did momma goat.  See she is the mom of the soon to momma white goat(Lainy).  And Lainy ran to the barn to get out of rain and left her mom,Fiona.  Well Fiona got upset and ran after her...so I grabbed baby with towel to get her in out of chilly weather.  Then Fiona remembers new baby and runs back to Field.  All the while I'm holding baby and chasing momma three times from barn to field.  Finally Baby makes noise in my arms and Fiona chills out and I get all three into stall.  Forgive the photo's  , my camera does not take good inside pictures.  So least to say I'm keeping whole family up today hoping that Lainy is due to kid anytime now too and we will have an easier go with stress. 
Side note :  I'm not sure if Goats are supposed to run after giving birth (I know I would not or could not) but clearly the Goat is in better shape than me !  I could hardly breath to tell Jacob there was a baby.  I think he was more worried about me !

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to leave me a message or question go ahead...it can be about anything !!! :0